A design pattern is a general, reusable solution to a commonly occurring problem.
It is not a finished design that can be transformed directly into source or machine code. It is a description or template for how to solve a problem that can be used in many different situations. Design patterns are formalized best practices that the programmer can use to solve common problems when designing an application or system.
Design patterns may be viewed as a structured approach to computer programming intermediate between the levels of
- a programming paradigm and
- a concrete algorithm.
- What is a Pattern?
- "Pattern"-ity Testing, Proto-Patterns & The Rule Of Three
- The Structure Of A Design Pattern
- Writing Design Patterns
- Categories Of Design Pattern
- Summary Table Of Design Pattern Categorization
- Design Patterns In jQuery
- jQuery Plugin Design Patterns